Aug 24, 2008

A weekend on "Bare" Lake

So we just spent a FABULOUS weekend in Bear Lake with our STUDLY friends. We slept in , ate like kings, and spent the days on the lake. And did I mention it was all adults?? (Even though we didn't really act like it)
Here are a few glimpses into our crazy group-
The Erwin's, the "party friends", brought along Rock Band, and boy did we rock! Zak's on the bass, Jen's belting some vocals, Tiff's on the guitar (a Canadian towel on her head, no less), and Cam's tearin' it up on the drums (he's better than me, dang it).

While the boys went golfing, we took a leisurely ride on a bicycle built for four (note there are five). I don't know that I've ever laughed so hard while pedaling a bike. We didn't realize Garden City had so many stinking hills- it all looks so nice and flat until you start pedaling. We did pretty great as long as I remembered I was steering!

Here's my babalicious boy trying his luck at jumping the board- he did awesome, but I didn't get a great shot at any of his higher jumps. Sorry babe.

Our Mighty Mighty Captain

Kelly, Tiffany, and Jen setting up the kitchen. Notice the junk food bin on the edge of the counter. I don't thing anyone dropped any poundage on this trip. (I sure didn't)

Joel, YOU ROCK! Here they are in all their glory- our favorite people in all the world- Joel, Jen, Linds, Paul, Kelly, Zak, Tiff, Trevor, and Cam It was a great time, Pals! We'll do it again SOON--

7 comments:

Kelly said...

LOVE IT! Thanks and kudos to the Empeys for hooking us up with a fun place to stay and one of the most pristine boats I've ever had the pleasure of riding on! Really, that vaction was just what the doctor ordered!! We love you guys!!

PS--Glad to be known as the "Party Friends" not the "lunch lady"!!

Jess said...

That does look like a lot of fun! 5 people in the 4 person "bike," though, that's just comedy. Especially with the hills! I noticed that you weren't in any of the Rock Band pics... what's the story?

Sarah Empey said...

Well, someone has to take the photos- besides when I play rockband, I just put everyone else to shame.

colleen said...

Ok, that looks like it was so much fun! (Yes, I am kind of jealous too...)

Love you all!

Tiff and Trev said...

Thank you again for such great times! Seriously, that was such a fun trip...just wish it was a week or so longer :o).

Katie and Kyle said...

Looks like so much fun! I'm jealous... =)

kelsey gallo said...

did the dawg eat all the mallows? sarah what are you talking about? by the way you still have to tell me all the cool tricks of this bloggin thing...im confused?