Apr 25, 2009

In honor of Jake's upcoming 6th Birthday (May 3rd), I thought I'd post a few things he has said over the last year that I've written in his little journal.
Enjoy!

"Mom, I'm itchy right here. Will you dust me with flea powder?"

Daddy let one fly while he and Jake were showering together. A few seconds later Jake asked, "Daddy, why does it smell like egg salad sandwiches in here?"

"Don't talk to me, I'm focusing." -while picking a sliver out of his foot with tweezers.

"Mom, don't forget to keep an eye out for the Gingerbread Man. He's missing from school."

Calling me from the bathroom: "Mom! I just had a medium-sized log and then a whole bunch of little ones like mini corndogs. Do I have diarrhea?"

His personal prayer the other night: "Dear Heavenly Father, I don't really have anything in my mind to say, so I'm just so sorry. Good night."

"Mom! My foot is really itchy, I must have fleas."

While eating breakfast one morning we were talking about how grateful we were for food to put in our hungry tummies. I mentioned that he would be very grateful for food if he opened the fridge and it was empty:

Jake-"Totally, COMPASTLY, I would!"

Mom- "What??"

Jake- "Compastly"

Mom- "What does that word mean?"

Jake- "I don't know. I just figured it out."

After his first day of kindergarten: "Mom, I'm STARVING. It was sooooo hard."

"I laughed at Parker today cuz he can't even write his name." (that one I'm not particularly proud of...but you have to admire his honesty)

Another personal prayer: "I really really really love my mom because she's soooo nice, but my dad is just kind of nice."

Mom: "Jake, what did you learn about in Primary today?" Jake: "Uhhhhm, I can never remember that!"

3 comments:

Holly said...

Those are so cute. You are so good to keep a journal of all those cute sayings.

kelsey gallo said...

oh he is so stinking adorable! haha where do they come up with that stuff huh?

Sarah said...

Those are some pretty funny things that he has said! I can't believe that he was 6 years old yesterday. Happy belated birthday Jake!