May 19, 2008

Happy Anniversary

SURPRISE! For our 8th anniversary, Cam talked his dad into flying us to Yellowstone for the day- We hopped into his little 6 seater plane (I had no idea where we were going...) and an hour later touched down in Jackson Hole. Cam picked up our rental car- a Subaru outback, which reminded me of Ben and Colleen's- and we spent the day in one of the most beautiful spots on earth. We saw wolves, elk, bears, and lots of hungry birds (Mom was feeding them tootsie rolls). Oh, and we can't forget the hundreds of bison- Cam took some cool photos (if you like buffalo, that is). We had such fun talking and laughing together without any interruptions! We topped off the day at the Lake Hotel, where I devoured the most tender, juicy beef tenderloin I've ever had. It was followed by a warm,chocolate molten lava cake, a la mode. (My mouth is watering!) We flew home after dark, so we had an awesome view of the lights below us. The Logan Temple was particularly lovely, as was Bear Lake. The moon made it look like a gigantic piece of glass, nestled in the heights of the mountains. It was one of the most memorable anniversaries yet- except for year #2, where Cam took me to Jackson Hole and forgot to pack my undies...

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Brownie points for Cam!! Looks like you had a wonderful day! You totally derserve it! Zak has high expectations to live up to for our Anniversary in August....Don't think he can beat plane ride to Yellowstone!

Tiff and Trev said...

I meant to call & wish you a happy anniversary...and I'm glad to see you had such a nice day! May 16th is such a great day to get married!

Angela said...

Do you think you can hook me and Isaac up with this kind of anniversary bash? Or better yet, come visit us!

[*.Manda.*] said...

Hi Sarah !! I found your blog through Sarah Morris' blog, and have been checking it out periodically. Wow, that anniversary is awesome, you are sooo lucky to have cool in-laws. Oh, and I'm sure forgetting your undies was a TOTAL accident . . . . . . . . sssuuurrreee. By the way, what are your plans for swimming lessons?
mandy